[asterisk-users] Asterisk CLI Banner

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Fri Mar 28 11:15:20 CDT 2014

On Friday 28 Mar 2014, Haider Khalil wrote:
> Thank you Thorsten Göllner.
> Matthew,
> What does violating license of Asterisk means ? Does it means I won't be
> able to use any commercial modules or asterisk commercially ? I thought it
> was open and anyone can change the code ? Haider

Nothing, *unless* you plan to distribute it.

Modifying a program you have legitimately acquired is Fair Dealing.  The Law
of the Land gives you the right to do that, even if the vendor restricts your
exercise of that right in practice by withholding the Source Code.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .