[asterisk-users] Asterisk CLI Banner

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri Mar 28 10:00:42 CDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 9:10 AM, Thorsten Göllner <tg at ovm-group.com> wrote:

>  Am 28.03.2014 10:32, schrieb Haider Khalil:
>
>  Hello Experts,
>
>  I want to know if there is any way to modify welcome banner on asterisk
> console when I connect using "asterisk -r"
>

> Hi,
>
> did you compile asterisk from source? Take a look at main/asterisk.c (line
> 174 in asterisk v 11.5.1). I think you have to change it there manually and
> recompile it.

Please note that modifying the banner in main/asterisk.c may cause you to
violate the licensing of Asterisk, specifically Section 1 of the GPL (if
you distribute the modified source in any fashion) and/or Section 2c.

Unless you really know what you're doing with regards to software
licensing, I would highly suggest not modifying the welcome message.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager