[asterisk-users] Asterisk 11.8.0 and 11.8.1

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Tue Mar 25 10:27:40 CDT 2014

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> OK back in the office so I can get some files....
>
> in my confbridge.conf file
> [MessageNetConfUserMuted]
> type=user
> quiet=yes
> startmuted=yes
> announce_only_user=no
> announce_user_count_all=no
> announce_join_leave=no
>
> This is from the console so 410 and 411 are joining as MUTED.
<snip>
> This all worked fine 11.0 -> 11.7. I have only encountered problems with
> 11.8+
> dropping back to 11.7 works again.
>
> So how do I found out if its something I have wrong or was this introduced
> in 11.8+

Hey Jerry, when something like this occurs suddenly between minor
release versions, you can always check issues.asterisk.org/jira to see
if it has been reported. A search for the words muted and confbridge,
then ordering the results by creation date will show this issue:

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-23461

Which looks like the same issue that you are having. If you click on
the source tab you can see the commits it was fixed in. Looks like it
was after 11.8.1, so you'll have to wait until the next release, or
grab 11 from SVN.

--
Rusty Newton
Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager