[asterisk-users] Spammer direct replying to those posting on the users list

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Tue Mar 25 10:15:22 CDT 2014

On Tuesday 25 Mar 2014, Digium's Asterisk Development Team wrote:
> We apparently have a spam bot subscribed to the list and replying
> *directly* to anyone who posts on the list.

The e-mail address I use for this mailing list is
asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk ; so I used the following procmail recipe.  This
filters out anything being sent to that address *without* a Received: header
mentioning lists.digium.com:

:0
* ^To.*asterisk_list
* !^Received.*lists.digium.com
asterisk_unwanted

(when I am satisfied that it does not lose anything legitimate, I probably will
change the last line to /dev/null .)

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list.  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .