[asterisk-users] Skip ./configure when source directory has not changed

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 15:20:45 CDT 2014

Hi,

A silly question bouncing in my head for a long time :
when I'm installing-configuring a new Asterisk system, I'm using a script
that issue the usual ./configure, make and make install commands to install
Asterisk from source.

When installation fails for any reason, I would re-run my installation
script which in turn, among many things, would launch the above ./configure
command.

Is there a smart way to accelerate things a bit and skip ./configure when
source files have not changed since last configure command was previously
run ?

Regards