[asterisk-users] Need more meetme users -- hitting some limit

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Mar 21 13:26:22 CDT 2014

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014, Steve Totaro wrote:

> I found below here:
>  http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+MeetMe
>
> If you have too many conferences, one CPU may not be able to mix all the
> audio and you will have audio problems even if there are 7+ other CPUs
> that are essentially idle while waiting for one CPU to mix everything.
> You should be able to handle 512 conference participants on a modern
> server system without problem. The current trunk of DAHDI linux limits
> the number of open pseudo channels to 512 for this reason. [1]

With 312 calls distributed across 100 meetmes, 'top' shows 1 core at 32%,
1 core at 6% and the rest basically idle.

So it looks like meetme() is still a single CPU application, but I have
plenty of CPU headroom.

Coincidentally, 512 is my target. Any clues on how to get 200 more?

--
Thanks in advance,