[asterisk-users] ast_writefile: No such format 'h261', yet h261 is the only video format that works.

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Fri Mar 21 13:09:44 CDT 2014

>H.323 is a communications protocol like SIP.   H261 is a codec like ulaw or gsm.      You do not need H323 unless you are using the H323 protocol INSTEAD of SIP.

I see. In Ekiga video codec window they are listed like:

[ ] h261    90kHz H.323. SIP
etc.

Which is what I'm going by. The address that I'm connecting to /is/ a
sip: address. I assumed from the 'H.323' that it was needed. If that's
not the case, then something else is missing for the codecs to not be
built.

-Dave