[asterisk-users] Need more meetme users -- hitting some limit

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri Mar 21 12:54:25 CDT 2014

I found below here:  http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+MeetMe

If you have too many conferences, one CPU may not be able to mix all the
audio and you will have audio problems even if there are 7+ other CPUs that
are essentially idle while waiting for one CPU to mix everything. You
should be able to handle 512 conference participants on a modern server
system without problem. The current trunk of *DAHDI linux limits the number
of open pseudo channels to 512 for this reason*. [1]

Thanks,
Steve T

[1] http://svn.asterisk.org/view/dahdi?view=revision&revision=9610

The new ConfBridge module in the upcoming Asterisk 1.10 release may not
have this limitation.