[asterisk-users] fromdomain not honored on outbound INVITE request

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Mar 20 10:07:42 CDT 2014

Thomas Rechberger wrote:
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-20841
>
> The patch was already posted by someone but then was deleted because of
> guide lines. Is it really that hard to fix? Since 1.8 there is this
> problem but nobody seems to care about. Asterisk isnt only used with
> itsp who dont care about fromdomain. Or are the developers saying, we
> dont care about people who are using Asterisk in smaller installations?

It's hard in the sense that someone has to figure out in chan_sip how to
fix it, do so, get it tested, and also confirm it doesn't cause any
regressions. Simply committing something isn't enough. I'd rather not
break chan_sip in some other way. ^_^ Nobody has yet done this.

That being said... this specific issue was brought up to me by a friend
and I was actually going to look at it over an upcoming weekend when I
have time. Can I guarantee it? No, but I'm going to try. That's how much
I care. Can I do this for every issue? No. I work 8+ hours a day as it
is on Asterisk and also some on the weekends. So many issues, not enough
time. ^_^

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp