[asterisk-users] Replying to Posts

Jeremy Kister asterisk-03 at jeremykister.com
Thu Mar 13 16:08:09 CDT 2014

On 3/13/2014 11:33 AM, A J Stiles wrote:
> If you need to make a point-by-point argument, split up your reply --

a critical piece to this component is proper quoting.

the person replying needs to differentiate between what he is writing
and what is is replying to.  notice the > in front of what I am quoting,
above.

in addition, clicking reply, quoting 100 lines, and then adding a 1 line
response is lazy.  trim the quotation to what makes sense.

that said, i love a good top-post flame thread, so this should be
interesting to watch.  I'll start off by saying the biggest whine i hear
is that "my MUA doesn't support bottom-posting", which holds no water.

i dont care that much, though- i don't waste time on top-posted messages
a nor messages that are quoted stupidly.

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./