[asterisk-users] Any help Address 0xfffffffe out of bounds in app_confbridge.casterisk-11.5.1 using confbridge.conf

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Mar 13 14:35:43 CDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 9:24 AM, Rusty Newton <rnewton at digium.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 4:18 AM, hkc323 <hkc323 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Address 0xfffffffe out of bounds why and how to
>> solve.MyConfbridgeCount(conferencenumber,variablename )return total number
>> of user in conference given by conferencenumber otherwise zero.At runtime
>> using MyConfbridgeCount(4000,count ).now app2: MyConfbridgeCount will call
>> function count_exec(struct ast_channel *chan, const char *data).But at
>> compile time char * data cause core dumped. Asterisk-11.5.1 Centos6
>> app_confbrige.c confbridge.conf
>> Task: Using Dailplan user want to retrive no of user in conference
>> '6050' => 1. Verbose(3,"testMyConfbridgeCount") [pbx_config] 2.
>> MyConfbridgeCount(4000,count) [pbx_config] 3. verbose(3,"== ${count} ====")
>> [pbx_config]
>
> Please discontinue spamming the users list with your posts.
>
> Not receiving an answer to your question is not a reason to repeatedly
> post (four posts now in the past few days?)
>
> I've already responded to your original post and asking you to post on
> the issue tracker and follow the issue guidelines to provide the
> information needed to investigate the crash.

Actually, in this case, he shouldn't post a bug report to the issue
tracker. The bug he is encountering is with some custom code in
ConfBridge, namely with the application "MyConfbridgeCount":

    static const char *const app2 ="MyConfbridgeCount";

You should contact the author of that code and ask them to fix the crash.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager