[asterisk-users] Replying to Posts

Chris Bagnall asterisk at lists.minotaur.cc
Thu Mar 13 14:12:40 CDT 2014

On 13/3/14 6:27 pm, Eric Wieling wrote:
> This is an example of why I top post.   Who wrote what?

Of course, if you use a mail client that's capable of quoting correctly,
it all works beautifully.

On 13/3/14 5:13 pm, Ron Wheeler wrote:
> -1
> Prefer top posting.
> Easy to see if I want to scroll down to see if it is something
> interesting to me.
> I get a lot of e-mails each day and scrolling wastes too much time.

You can then also reply to another point here like this: it's as much
about trimming previous posts as about not top posting. New posts should
include just enough context to ensure the message isn't meaningless, but
not quoting a 20+ line irrelevance. That way you see both the question
and the answer without scrolling.

Whilst we're on the subject of mailing lists, I'd like to add my
personal pet rant: MTAs that don't add/honour In-Reply-To headers.
Completely breaks threaded readers.

That is all :-)

Kind regards,

Chris