[asterisk-users] Pass Sound files as Argument to Macro Asterisk 1.8

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 13:07:18 CDT 2014

It should be.

I'd write something like the below:

[macro-test]
exten => s,1,NoOp
exten => s,n,GotoIf($[${STAT(e,/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/${ARG1}.ulaw)} =
0]?NOPROMPT:PLAYBACK)
exten => s,n(NOPROMPT),Background(nothing-recorded&for&pm-prompt-number)
exten => s,n,SayPhonetic(${ARG1})
exten => s,n,Goto(EXIT)
exten => s,n(PLAYBACK),NoOP
exten => s,n,BACKGROUND(${ARG1})
exten => s,n,(EXIT)MacroExit

exten => 1234,1,Macro(macro-test,tt-monkeys)

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Daniel van den Berg <asterisk at suretel.co.za
> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to pass sound files to a macro as an
> argument in Asterisk 1.8?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel van den Berg
> SureTel
> South Africa
> 087-944-7873
>
> --

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein