[asterisk-users] Updating to 11.7.0

Paul Hayes paul at provu.co.uk
Wed Mar 5 06:56:32 CST 2014

On 19/12/13 17:15, David Lee (digium) wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2013, at 10:34 AM, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com
> <mailto:geisj at pagestation.com>> wrote:

[snip]

>> Looking that up, it says add to asterisk.conf
>> [options]
>> live_dangerously = yes
>>
>> After doing this, and stopping and starting I
>> still get the message.

I'm having the same issue, even with it set to yes and restarting
Asterisk, it still give that warning.

>> Whats up?
>
> You want to avoid danger, so set live_dangerously = no.

I appreciate that and I do understand why but that setting doesn't work
as described, it seems to do nothing.

While we're at it, what's the recommended alternative method to replace
using "asterisk -rx" in bash scripts now?

cheers,
Paul.