[asterisk-users] gsm codec compile

Doug dsc3507 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 13:13:52 CST 2014

I was successful in compiling asterisk in raspbien except for the following error If I enable the gsm codec. It appears there is something in the Makefile n this directory that needs to be changed. Probably involving optimization. Not sure why it does not recognize the processor since it is one that is mentioned in the Makefile.  Any help would be appreciated.

make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/asterisk/codecs/gsm'
   [AS] src/k6opt.s -> src/k6opt.o
Assembler messages:
Error: unknown architecture `armv6l'

Error: unrecognized option -march=armv6l
make[2]: *** [src/k6opt.o] Error 1

Here are the lines in the Makefile -

ifeq (, $(findstring $(OSARCH) , Darwin SunOS ))
ifeq (, $(findstring $(PROC) , x86_64 amd64 ultrasparc sparc64 arm armv5b arm5b armeb hppa2.0 ppc powerpc ppc64 ia64 s390 bfin mipsel
mips))
ifeq (, $(findstring $(shell uname -m) , ppc ppc64 alpha armv4l arm5b armv5b armv61 armv7l s390 ))
OPTIMIZE+=-march=$(PROC)
endif
endif
endif

gcc is -

Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.6.3 (Debian 4.6.3-14+rpi1)

# uname -m
armv6l

Doug