[asterisk-users] Attack on Sip server.

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Jun 27 13:21:48 CDT 2014

Please don't top-post.

Please trim posts to the specific post you are replying to.

On Fri, 27 Jun 2014, Anurag Rana wrote:

> Can't use anything which block IP addresses because my system is behind
> a gateway and attacker gets the address of that gateway. In this way I
> will end up blocking myself.
>
> Please suggest something else.

The most effective approach would be to configure your gateway to block
all IP addresses and white-list the ones you really need.

If you are in control of the endpoints, moving to a non-standard SIP port
as previously suggested should be pretty effective. Most script-kiddies
won't bother to 'port-scan' to identify the new port number.

--
Thanks in advance,