[asterisk-users] CLID Presentation & Billing Number | Diversion vs. Remote-Party-ID vs. P-Asserted-Id vs. From vs. P-Charge-info

Eric Wieling EWieling at nyigc.com
Thu Jun 26 09:22:36 CDT 2014

It depends on your carrier.    With some carriers, such as Verizon SIP, you do this using P-Asserted-Identity.  With Verizon SIP, if they can’t figure out how to bill the call, it will be rejected.
With Level 3 SIP, you can use From: or PAID but if the number you present to them is not on your account, they will bill the call against the “failsafe” number on your account.