[asterisk-users] share mailbox Asterisk 1.8.22

Kevin Larsen kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com
Tue Jun 24 17:46:45 CDT 2014

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote on 06/24/2014 05:36:16 PM:

> From: motty cruz <motty.cruz at gmail.com>
> <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>,
> Date: 06/24/2014 05:36 PM
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] share mailbox Asterisk 1.8.22
> Sent by: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
>
> yes they're able to hear the same msg, in /var/spool/asterisk/default/
> rm -rf 102
> ln -s 101 102
>
> but it does not clear out,
>
> Thanks,

That is where your setup and mine are different. I have my second
extension directly check the first extensions mailbox as opposed to using
a symlink. That way, when the box is cleared, it is actually happening in
the original mailbox.

Basically, my code to check voicemail uses the CALLERID(num) to determine
the mailbox and I have both extensions set to use the same caller ID. This
works for me as both extensions belong to the same person (one phone at
the office, one at home) and they want to always have their outbound calls
show up as if they were from their published number regardless of which
phone they use.