[asterisk-users] OT - How to configure Apache2 server to receive Polycom log files ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 08:51:34 CDT 2014

Hello,

To troubleshoot Polycom phone provisionning (with an asterisk 11 box), I'm
looking to enable HTTP log file upload ie the capability for Polycom phones
to upload some data to a given HTTP server.

At the moment, Polycom phones are downloading config files from an Apache2
HTTP server, thanks to a DHCP  server configuration option bellow.
option tftp-server-name "http://192.168.64.250/polycom";

Looking at Apache2 log files, I can see that Polycom phones are trying to
upload log files but every attempt to upload data (fails with 405 error, no
matter how I configured target upload directory ownership. See:

192.168.64.215 - - [16/Jun/2014:15:25:03 +0200] "PUT
/polycom/log/0004f2394356-boot.log HTTP/1.1" 405 582 "-" "FileTransport
PolycomSoundPointIP-SPIP_650-UA/4.3.0.0246"

Has someone successfully received Polycom file uploads with an HTTP server
(ie without using FTP) or is it something can't simply be done ?
If positive, can you share key configuration settings ?

Regards