[asterisk-users] wct4xxp Excessive Interrupts Resulting in Unusable System or Card

Scott L. Lykens scott.lykens at kmmsinc.com
Sun Jun 1 10:53:24 CDT 2014

On Jun 1, 2014, at 11:01 AM, jg <webaccounts173 at jgoettgens.de> wrote:

> Yes, I can see this. Another thing to check would be to start from a different OS (eg from a USB stick) and see how the card behaves on the otherwise same hardware.
>
> Since your ProLiant G2 server is almost 10 years old, and the TE410P works with 3.3V only (http://www.digium.com/en/products/telephony-cards/digital/quad-span), it might be worth to check this.

The server is equipped with a 3.3v PCI-X slot. (https://h10057.www1.hp.com/ecomcat/hpcatalog/specs/provisioner/05/411095-421.htm).

It is an old server but it has worked just fine for the task of hosting Asterisk for some time and I prefer not to spend $2,000+ to replace both the server and the PCI card with more modern hardware. Admittedly, the TE410P is new to the equation in the last several months but only in the last few weeks has this really become a problem to the point of affecting use. In fact, I was on a call Thursday morning for about an hour that was entirely SIP but during that time the system started blocking and other users could no longer make calls - even though my call was unaffected.

The server is equipped with an AMD 8132 PCI-X bridge which apparently is known for being difficult in regards to interrupts. Google reveals that a few drivers have workarounds related to this chipset and to a range of revisions that mine happens to fall into.

I will build a live-cd based usb key later on today and test the hardware independent of its present OS.

Thank you.

Scott