[asterisk-users] compiling dahdi and exporting it to another system

Barry Flanagan barryf-lists at flanagan.ie
Wed Jul 30 15:44:33 CDT 2014

On 30 July 2014 21:29, Anthony Azzopardi <twanny.azzopardi at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hello asterisk-users,
>

> I need to compile dahdi and then export it to another system. I managed to
> do this with DESTDIR=/root/destDir, then make a tar file and extract in /
> of the other system. However the module is not loading and /dev/dahdi is
> not created.
>

> Anyone done this?

Dahdi requires kernel modules, which are compiled for (by default*) the
running kernel. Unless your target system is running the exact same kernel,
and you ensure the modules get loaded, then Dahdi isn't going to run.

* I think it should be possible to compile it for an alternate kernel if
you have the headers, but have never had to do that so....)

Hope this helps.

-Barry Flanagan