[asterisk-users] SIP configuration in realtime static and realtime dynamic

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Fri Jul 25 07:34:10 CDT 2014

Not that I know of but since you are using a database you can update
multiple rows at once.

Please note, if you change the settings in the database entry of a peer
that is currently connected, you will need to flush the realtime cache with
the following command

sip prune realtime <peer-name>

The next time the endpoint registers it will pick up the new configuration.

On 25 July 2014 12:38, Robin Kipp <mlists at robin-kipp.net> wrote:

> Hi Ishfaq,
>
> Am 24.07.2014 um 09:57 schrieb Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk>:
>

> It supplements it.
>
> In fact, you can define some peers in the sip.conf and some in the MySQL
> table. However, if you do add any in the sip.conf directly, you'll have to
> do a sip reload which will clear your realtime cache.
>
> Thanks a lot for the information! Makes a lot more sense to me now :-)
> What about templates though, is there any way of doing that? For example,
> defining templates in sip.conf and then referencing them in the MySQL
> database…
> Thanks!
> Robin
>
> --

Ishfaq Malik
Department: VOIP Support
Company: Packnet Limited
t: +44 (0)845 004 4994
f: +44 (0)161 660 9825
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, Duplex 2, Ducie House
37 Ducie Street
Manchester, M1 2JW
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552