[asterisk-users] Limit Asterisk

Chris Bagnall asterisk at lists.minotaur.cc
Wed Jul 23 16:49:15 CDT 2014

On 23/7/14 10:29 pm, Steve Edwards wrote:
> Don't buy hardware until you've identified (either empirical or
> calculated) the bottleneck.

If you've plenty of spare RAM (and at 16GB I'd suggest you probably do),
I'd throw in the possibility of recording to RAM disk, then moving the
calls to hard disk during your quiet (or closed) hours.

> SSDs do rock. I recently observed (via vmstat 5) a Samsung 840 topping
> out at 460,000 blocks per second. I can remember when 10,000 was big :)

This. The 840 is a great bit of kit - we've replaced nearly all our
spinning disks with a mix of Samsung 830 and 840 drives.

Kind regards,

Chris