[asterisk-users] Call Identifier Logging

Steven Wheeler SWheeler at usinternet.com
Mon Jul 21 16:59:11 CDT 2014

Hello,
I am working on upgrading from Asterisk 1.8 to Asterisk 11.6. One of the features we are excited for is Call Identifier Logging<https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Call+Identifier+Logging>. However, it doesn't appear that this new Call ID is accessible from the dial plan. Ideally we would like to store this Call ID in the CDR. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I could do something like this, but it seems like a terrible hack:
same => n,Set(CALLID=${SHELL(asterisk -rx "core show channel ${CHANNEL}" | grep ' Call Identifer' | egrep -o 'C-[0-9a-f]+')})

Also as a side note, in the core show channel output ' Identifier' is misspelt as ' Identifer'
Steven Wheeler