[asterisk-users] VoIP over 3G/4G Data

Eric Wieling EWieling at nyigc.com
Fri Jul 18 11:04:10 CDT 2014

Depends on the carrier.   Verizon Wireless appears to activly block SIP.    G729 codec is needed on 3G and is a good idea on 4G.   I use TLS and SRTP to work around carrier stupidity.  I also use a non-standard port for TLS.   It mostly works much of the time.   Don’t get BRIA, every time your registration is dropped it will popup a notification.