[asterisk-users] Asterisk 12.4 IMAP VM Issue - Can't move messages between folders

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Thu Jul 17 08:46:07 CDT 2014

Hello all,
   I'm running into an issue with Asterisk 12.4 and IMAP voicemail. I
have asterisk set up to connect to my Dovecot IMAP server and I can
leave and retrieve messages from my inbox and old messages. However, I
am unable to move messages between folders. I get a message from
asterisk stating "Sorry the users mailbox can't accept more messages".
Here is my setup:

In Voicemail.conf I have the following set:
imapgreetings=no
imapparentfolder=Voicemail
imapfolder=Voicemail.Inbox

On my imap server, I have the following folder structure:

INBOX
Sent
Junk
Drafts
Voicemail
|-Family
|-Inbox
|-Work

I did a packet capture on my imap server and found that when I go to
move a message from Old messages to Family the following happens:
Asterisk issues a "CREATE Voicemail.Family" which succeeds with "OK
Create completed" (The folder is successfully created if it does not
exist, I can see it in thunderbird).
Then Asterisk issues a "COPY 1 Family" which fails with "NO [TRYCREATE]
Mailbox Doesn't exist: Family" I don't think Asterisk is using the value
of imapparentfolder when copying the message. The COPY command should be
"COPY 1 Voicemail.Family".

Is there something I am missing in my configuration or is this a bug?

Thank you
-Dave