[asterisk-users] PJSIP outbound register and inbound calls

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Jul 16 11:53:03 CDT 2014

Nick Awesome wrote:
> I thought that
>>> type=identify
> will match an IP address and accept it,
>
> well, in my example I can control both sides and able to configure it
> without registration. in real life I have a provider that requires
> username/password authentication
>
> provider gives me - Username - Password - DomainName

They may require it for *outgoing* calls to them but for incoming I
highly doubt they'd want you to authenticate them. It's usually always
IP authentication.

> I have configure it like I showed before and have exactly the same
> notice
>
> [Jul 16 20:32:23] NOTICE[21926]: res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c:246
> log_unidentified_request: Request from
> '"cb5069"<sip:asterisk at 85.195.98.178>' failed for
> '85.195.98.178:5060' (callid:
> 173995aa2e25283807700d65055c9214 at 85.195.98.178) - No matching
> endpoint found 85.195.98.178 is an operator,
>
> so what I should add to my config to be able accept calls from
> Registered peer ?

The PJSIP functionality does not currently allow using the dynamic IP of
a registration to match an incoming call. You either have to explicitly
use the identify section or match as I previously described.

Without further details of your setup (IP addresses, who are calling
who) and how you want it to work I can't answer.

--
Joshua Colp