[asterisk-users] Need to spoof the callerid using the AMI Originate

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Tue Jul 15 09:00:45 CDT 2014

Thank you Tiago.

I was been able to set the callerid name and number using the Originate action’s variables.

The problem I am currently running into is the SIP messages RPID portion always indicates the caller id has not been screened.  Even when I set the CALLERID(name-pres) (or CALLERID(num-pres) variables to allowed_passed_screened, the RPID portion of the SIP message always indicates it has not passed screening.

The only way I can get that setting to be passed to the SIP Provider the way our Freeswitch does is if I do as you describe (additionally setting the name-pres/num-pres variables in the local dialplan).
It would be convenient if the Originate call had the ability to toggle those flags.  At least there is a solution.

Have a great day!
Dan