[asterisk-users] TE131 kernel panic

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Mon Jul 14 13:45:07 CDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 01, 2014 at 02:39:01PM -0500, Russ Meyerriecks wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 1:56 PM, Matt Behrens <matt at zigg.com> wrote:
> > Having some issues with a TE131 apparently causing kernel panics.  This is
> > on CentOS 5.10 with DAHDI 2.9.1 (also tried 2.9.2-rc1, no difference.)
> > There’s also an
> >
> > Tracebacks are very similar to this one:
> > https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrdrQf3CAAE3RXQ.jpg
>
> We're going to need the exact trace for the panic you're encountering.
> This image shows a panic involving both the te13x and an wcaxx analog
> card. The easiest way to do this would be to contact Digium support
> and they'll walk you through collecting all the info we will need to
> debug this.

I am just closing out this thread after Matt made his system
available for trouble shooting.

The crash reported here is fixed in 2.9.2-rc2 in commit (a1ff3cb0
"dahdi: Stop tones on channel when updating tone zone.") [1]

[1] http://git.asterisk.org/gitweb/?p=dahdi/linux.git;a=commit;h=a1ff3cb0c0f3f4e65d734f4a71a090f5484505b4

The bug in dahdi was hit in this case since dahdi_cfg was called
while asterisk had channels opened that were in the process of
playing tones.

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer