[asterisk-users] recording in mp3

tirveni yadav yadav.tirveni at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 23:50:16 CDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 9:39 PM, binary <dreamer.binary at gmail.com> wrote:

> i would go for recording into wav.
> then at regular intervals eg every night at 01:00 i would start a script to convert the wav to mp3 and then delete the wav files.
> it is really easy.

This method works for us too.

We get around 40 GB of recordings (wav) in around nine hours in a day.
Which is converted to mp3 in night and moved to a NAS through a Perl
script.

Perl program merges all -in and -out wav files using sox, then convers
 to MP3 using twolame.

--
Regards,

Tirveni Yadav
www.udyansh.org

What is this Universe ? From what it arises ? Into what does it go?
In freedom it arises, In freedom it rests and into freedom it melts away.
Upanishads.