[asterisk-users] PJSIP incompatibility

CDR venefax at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 05:50:42 CDT 2014

Dear friends
After spending  few days converting my app to PJSIP, today I had to roll back
the upgrade because in the SDP, the Owner section is wrong, or I
misconfigured something
This is what my client said:
"That OK message from 1.1.1.1 can not be parsed by our switch due to
address representation in their SDP:
Owner/Creator, Session Id (o): Pitcom 2723451647 2723451649 IN IP4 Pitcomlxc
Such address representation not supported, there should be IP address
instead of domain name.
Example:
Owner/Creator, Session Id (o): Pitcom 2723451647 2723451649 IN IP4 1.1.1.1

In fact, I traced it in the SDP packet, I see
o=Pitcom 3991413436 3 IN IP4 pitcomlxc

where pitcomlxc is the host name.
How do I make PJSIP use an IP address there instead of the host name?
My /etc/hosts.com has an entry for pitcomlxc, but it makes no difference.