[asterisk-users] Notification when queue member's phone rings

Mitch Claborn mitch_ml at claborn.net
Wed Jul 2 15:11:02 CDT 2014

Short question: how to get control or notification (gosub, macro, AGI)
when a queue member's phone starts ringing due to an incoming call from
the queue.

Backround:  Our phone operators serve both an asterisk call queue and a
queue for web chat support.  I have a gosub on the queue that calls to
our app server to mark the operator unavailable for web chat as soon as
they answer an incoming queue call.  Similarly, when a web chat is
connected, it uses AMI to tell asterisk to take the operator out of the
phone queue.

The other day, one operator got a web chat that came in while her phone
was ringing with a queue call, so that neither "remove from queue"
operation was effective in time.  If I could get notification when the
phone starts ringing I can reduce the window of opportunity for that by
several seconds.

It's only happened once in 2 years that I know of, so may not be worth
worrying about.

--

Mitch