[asterisk-users] callerid overwrite

Justin Hester jhester at digium.com
Thu Jan 30 22:58:15 CST 2014

Howdy,

Before changing any configuration I would highly recommend reading through
the entry in the sample file. Trust remote party ID may be set to 'no' for
a very good reason on your PBX, please take care to understand why it
should be changed before doing so.

Before digging into that though, what does the CLI tell you if you do a
NoOp() after having Set() the Caller ID function [1]?

[1]  Something like;

exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Set(CALLERID(name)=mycompanyinc)
 same => n,NoOp(The caller ID has been set to ${CALLERID(name)})
 same => n,Dial(SIP/att/${EXTEN:1},80)

Hope this helps.

Justin Hester
Digium, Inc. · Technical Trainer
445 Jan Davis Drive NW · Huntsville, AL 35806 · USA
ph: +1 256 428 6238
Check us out at: http://digium.com · http://asterisk.org

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 5:29 PM, motty cruz <motty.cruz at gmail.com> wrote:

> look like the issue continues, I am unable to overwrite callerid from
> sip.conf in extensions.conf,
>
> In sip.conf under
> [general]
> trustrpid = no < should i change it to yes?
>
> Thanks
>

> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 1:06 PM, motty cruz <motty.cruz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for your reply, I updated extensions.conf file to reflect your
>> suggestion, I will monitor Asterisk for any more issues,
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Andres <andres at telesip.net> wrote:
>>
>>>  On 1/28/14, 1:55 PM, motty cruz wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi all,
>>> I'm having issues with overwrite caller id, when I call someone my
>>> caller id should be "mycompanyinc" but instead my id shows up as my
>>> extension number 101.
>>>
>>>  this is what i have in sip.conf
>>>  [101]
>>> type=friend