[asterisk-users] Parking in Asterisk 12.0.0

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Jan 30 15:06:02 CST 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Leandro Dardini <ldardini at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have converted the normal Park application and I can only alert you about
> the syntax change. I suspect also in the ParkAndAnnounce command, the
> parameters are ordered completely different.
>
> Leandro

Please go ahead an open an issue for this - issues.asterisk.org.

The problem here is that you are attempting to enter into a Parking
bridge while you are still technically in a bridge. The DTMF features
that account for the 'normal' mechanism of doing this - the one touch
parking feature - recognize that you are in a bridge and do a safe
transfer from the existing bridge to the parking bridge. By jumping
out to a macro/gosub and directly going in through the ParkAndAnnounce
application, you are bypassing that logic. The code in
bridge_channel_internal_join is preventing you from going into the
parking bridge as it knows that you have not yet safely left the
bridge you are in.

We'll take a look and see if there's a way to allow this to happen
again. For now, you should use the one touch parking feature.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager