[asterisk-users] IOPS required by Asterisk for Call Recording

Ron Wheeler rwheeler at artifact-software.com
Wed Jan 29 07:49:18 CST 2014

I am surprised about the network. It should go before the disk if you
have a lot of short transactions. There is a high percentage of overhead
on streams of short messages.
Make sure that you check at each point where messages are passing.

Have you done any mathematical modeling of the disk and network traffic?

Try changing your RAM to see if raising it (or lowering it if that is
easier) affects the problem.

What is your CPU utilization like at 80 calls?

How many open files do you have at 80 calls? is this near the limit?

Can you adjust the quality of the recordings to reduce the bits stored
for each second of audio?
What happens when you do this?

Ron

--