[asterisk-users] Integration with outlook

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Jan 29 07:43:04 CST 2014

On Tuesday 28 January 2014, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Hello;
>
> Is there a method "way" to be able to dial the phone number through
> asterisk from the outlook email contact?

If Outlook works anything like the KDE mail / news / calendar app Kontact,
then you can specify a command to be run whenever a phone number is clicked
on, and insert the number into the command by means of a placeholder.
Ordinarily, this would simply launch a softphone client.

What we did to get Asterisk-integrated fuctionality in Kontact was simply set
the "call" command to invoke wget and fire a CGI script on the Asterisk box,
which generated a callfile.  The script knows the IP address from which it was
invoked, and therefrom can determine the extension number of the nearest
phone.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.