[asterisk-users] [HELP]: Auto-answering calls placed from call files

Steve McCann srmccann at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 10:56:51 CST 2014

Hello All,

I've asked this on the asterisk-dev list, so sorry for cross-posting. So
far I'm not sure how to accomplish this without looking at the source code
or looking at some other way to get around this issue.

I'm trying to have an automated call to an Aastra SIP phone and have the
call auto-answeredby the phone. I know that a SIP call placed to the phone
can be auto-answered if a certain SIP header is added to the call. I am
able to apply the SIP headers manually and get that working (using
SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: info=alert-autoanswer) in the dialplan, but for
call files, I don't seem to be able to edit any of the sip headers - there
is only basic customizations allowed to setup the calls.

Does anyone know how I could place automated outgoing calls that would have
the proper sip headers added to it that would allow the call to be
auto-answered?

I've also posted this question to the forums here:
http://forums.asterisk.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=89190

Many thanks,
Steve