[asterisk-users] AMI eventmask question

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Jan 23 14:46:37 CST 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 9:31 AM, Michelle Dupuis <mdupuis at ocg.ca> wrote:
> Thanks - I've been through that doc before and couldn't find the info
> needed, which is why I went to the source code eventually.
>
> All events are grouped, and each group is given a name/flag like 'system',
> 'call', etc.  The docs just don't say which events are in which group/flag.
>
> Perhaps something Digium could add at some point :)

Or someone from the open source community... this is an open source
project, after all :-)

The managerEventInstance XML elements already have an attribute for
the manager class, which is populated:

    <managerEvent language="en_US" name="ParkedCallTimeOut">
        <managerEventInstance class="EVENT_FLAG_CALL">
            <synopsis>Raised when a parked call times out.</synopsis>
            <syntax>
                <parameter name="Exten">
                    <para>The parking lot extension.</para>
                </parameter>
                <parameter name="Channel"/>
                <parameter name="Parkinglot">
                    <para>The name of the parking lot.</para>
                </parameter>
                <parameter name="CallerIDNum"/>
                <parameter name="CallerIDName"/>
                <parameter name="ConnectedLineNum"/>
                <parameter name="ConnectedLineName"/>
                <parameter name="UniqueID"/>
            </syntax>
            <see-also>
                <ref type="managerEvent">ParkedCall</ref>
            </see-also>
        </managerEventInstance>
    </managerEvent>

You could actually grep the core-en_US.xml file and get all of the
events that match to a particular class authorization.

It doesn't show up in the CLI due to the xmldoc API not parsing out
that attribute. The same is true for the wiki documentation; that
project is up on github [1]. It wouldn't be a large patch to either to
have that attribute displayed.

Matt

[1] https://github.com/asterisk/publish-docs

--