[asterisk-users] AMI eventmask question

Daniel Jenkins dan.jenkins88 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 09:25:11 CST 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Michelle Dupuis <mdupuis at ocg.ca> wrote:

>  That's an interesting link - I didn't know you could set a per user
> eventfilter in the conf file
>
> However, I'm hoping to do this in the AMI connection for more
> flexibility.  Upon login, you can specify the event mask to restrict the
> type of events sent over the AMI connection.  Looking through the Asterisk
> code I think Newchannel falls under the 'call' event flag...but it would be
> nice to restrict this even further (since lots of events fall under 'call').

Ah, I remember what you're talking about now

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+12+ManagerAction_Events

That's the link to the Asterisk 12 AMI docs, the specs changed in 12 and
some events are different but it's the best docs available for the AMI in
my opinion - the specs didn't change much at all.

So in answer to your question, using EventMask, I don't think this is
possible as EventMask only works with those blocks of permissions, like
call and security. If you wanted to only get the one event type then you'd
need to do that in manager.conf - I may be wrong on that, I haven't looked
at the source code or anything but from what the docs say, and the docs are
generated from the source code now, you can only specifiy those larger
blocks,

Hope I've helped,

Dan