[asterisk-users] Recording conferences with changing bitrate

Richard Kenner kenner at gnat.com
Thu Jan 23 04:11:24 CST 2014

I'm running 10.7.1 (yes, I know it's old, but this may be a problem in
later versions too) and had a conference being recorded via:

	Set(CONFBRIDGE(bridge,record_conference)=yes)

The bridge started out at 8KHz despite one HD device.  But when the
second came in (G.722), it switched to 16KHz.  At that point, the recording
file had the bitrate change in the middle.  That seems wrong.  I'd expect
the bitrate of the recording channel to remain unchanged and transcoding
to be used to do the recording.  But it wasn't.

Does this "ring a bell" with anybody?