[asterisk-users] Question about Asterisk 12

Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com
Wed Jan 22 15:51:38 CST 2014

Maybe it's just me if I'm not mistaken the three things you listed are
usually configured using the config files not on CLI.

Jacob

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of James
Wystead
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:08 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] Question about Asterisk 12

Okay - maybe I'm just suffering from a moment of horrible ADD - but, I'm
a little lost.

I see that Asterisk 12 has a nice REST API - very nice - something I can
use. However, and this is gonna sound dumb - but all the CLI commands
are different now. What did I miss?

Can anyone, please, anyone point me to a good, simple to understand
tutorial on the new CLI? I am so, so freaking lost! I'm not looking for
hand-holding, I just want to understand.

Something that will show me how to:

*	create users
*	configure SIP trunks
*	configure basic dialplan

I'm lost - anyone point me to a resource that is easy to follow? Once I
get the jist, I think I'll be fine.

I looked on http://www.voip-info.org <http://www.voip-info.org/>  -
maybe I missed it?

The Digium/Asterisk site - I see all sorts of cool things about the REST
API, but CLI - maybe I missed it!!??  - again, I could be looking in the
wrong place?

Overwhelming - sigh.

Thank much - any help would be appreciated - next time you are in
Manchester NH - I'll make you my fave Tequila Sour drink!