[asterisk-users] Asterisk not receiving call from VPN address

Andres andres at telesip.net
Tue Jan 21 18:34:40 CST 2014

On 1/21/14, 4:38 PM, David Cunningham wrote:
> Hi Andres,
>
> Thanks for the idea. We did send bindaddr to the VPN address and
> restarted Asterisk, but unfortunately that didn't solve the issue.
> Asterisk didn't complain, but still the "sip set debug on" didn't show
> the packets.

Ok, that is progress though.  At this point we know that the OS is
receiving the packet and Asterisk is listening on that interface and
port.  I know you already removed the firewall so that would not be the
issue.  My next guess is Asterisk is looking at the packet and dropping
it because it believes it is not meant for it (Kamalio config issue), so
try a simple test to confirm this.  Just configure a remote IP
phone/softphone via that same VPN interface to simulate a remote SIP
endpoint.  If the SIP phone works fine but Kamalio does not, that will
clearly tell you where the problem lies.

--
Technical Support
http://www.cellroute.net