[asterisk-users] how to provision asterisk's phonebook to Polycom vVX310's

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Tue Jan 21 14:43:05 CST 2014

On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:32 PM, Adrian Serafini wrote:

> On 01/21/2014 01:55 PM, Stanley van Dijk wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Am running a freepbx install and created trunks, extensions and groups.
>> Now I'd like to hand out the Asterisk phonebook to the phones (all VVX
>> 310's). Is there an easy way to do this?
>
> Even the old ones could view a webpage.  Have a script read the Mysql
> DB/users table data, then output in XML.  The newer ones can output in
> HTML5.  This solution is auto updated when you add GUI users.

...or, if you use res_phoneprov, Asterisk can auto-generate a "static" XML phone directory from a template during run-time (whenever the file is requested).  I'm not sure how one would go about setting this up if they are using FreePBX, however...I use res_phoneprov in combination with Asterisk-GUI and it works great.

> Polycom used to charge for LDAP directory access,

Pretty sure you're correct, and that this hasn't changed (AFAIK).

--
Nathan Anderson
First Step Internet, LLC
nathana at fsr.com