[asterisk-users] Asterisk 11 and H.323 trunk using OOH323 - is it stable?

Gergely Kiss mail.gery at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 14:37:29 CST 2014

Dear List,

I'm about to build an Asterisk 11.7 based PBX from scratch for our company.
I'm in the middle of the planning phase and it turned out that our VoIP
provider prefers H.323 protocol for handling voice calls (while SIP is also
supported as "plan B").

As I never worked with H.323 channels in Asterisk earlier, I'm not sure if
it's stable enough to be used in production.

Googling about the subject didn't help much, I could only find some old and
probably outdated information which I don't want to rely on.

Can you please confirm if the OOH323 module in Asterisk 11 is stable enough
to use for voice calls? No extra functionality is needed, just to be able
to create a H.323 trunk towards the provider and make and receive a maximum
of 30 simultaneous voice calls through the trunk.

Thanks for your kind response!

Regards,
Gergely Kiss