[asterisk-users] Starpy and Asterisk on different machines ? [SOLVED]

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Jan 16 10:32:36 CST 2014

On Thursday 16 January 2014, Olivier wrote:
> Thanks for replying.
>
> So as python-starpy requires asterisk in Debian Wheezy repo, for a Debian
> setup the alternatives are either :
> - to install it from source
> - tto build my own custom package removing this asterisk dependency (is it
> easy or even possible ?)
> - to use another solution such as pyst.

Installing from Source Code might well be the simplest solution.

If you need to install something on several boxen, you can make your own .deb
package -fairly- easily -- although it probably will have too many little
technicalities to be accepted by the Debian project.

What I have done with homebrew .debs is have the package depend on `build-
essential` and the necessary `*-dev` .debs, install the Source Code files under
/usr/src/, then do the build process in the postinst script.  This allows you
to install the same .deb on 32 bit, 64 bit or Raspberry Pi architectures.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.