[asterisk-users] Transfer call placed from console (with chan_alsa)

Alex ralienpp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 04:34:59 CST 2014

Hi everyone.

Having experimented a but with a prototype of a system I described in
an earlier thread (Reading DTMF sent by callee during a SIP call), I
decided to implement my requirement by transferring the call to
another extension. This way, the callee can open the door by pressing
#1, and the dial plan for extension 1 takes care of the rest.

This works when I make a typical SIP to SIP call, but it doesn't when
I call from the console, using chan_alsa. I can see that the transfer
feature is inactive:

rasterisk*CLI> core show channeltype console
-- Info about channel driver: Console --
  Device State: no
    Indication: yes
     Transfer : no
  Capabilities: 0x40 (slin)
   Digit Begin: no
     Digit End: yes
    Send HTML : no
 Image Support: no
  Text Support: yes

However, I am unable to find a way to activate it. How can I transfer
placed from the console? Is it possible, in principle?

Alex