[asterisk-users] Allowing calls to me at mydomain.org securely on Asterisk 11 box?

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 15 12:14:33 CST 2014

Hi Steve,

On 15-01-14 18:53, Steve Edwards wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jan 2014, Patrick Lists wrote:
>
>> Would you mind sharing where you get the per country IP ranges from?
>
> I confess I 'brute forced' it by entering '/8s' into ARIN's web page and
> noting if the block had been assigned to a 'foreign' NIC -- not really a
> reliable and robust methodology, but it worked for me.

If it works... :-)

> A great way to kill time while on hold for customer dis-service.

Definitely. If any of the calls lasted more than entering 20 /8s I hope
it was to cancel the service.

I found another solution: install the geoip kernel module from
xtables-addons, install the MaxMind GeoIP country database and add some
rules to the iptables config to block a country.

Regards,
Patrick