[asterisk-users] help with Cepstral 6 and Asterisk 11

Brandon Coale brandoncoale at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 14 19:08:15 CST 2014

On 1/9/2014 12:12 PM, Jeremy Kister wrote:
> On 1/8/2014 9:12 PM, Brandon Coale wrote:
>> However, I am not able to get app_swift to compile.  I am running
>> Asterisk 11.6.0 and CentOS 6.4 64-bit.
>>
>> I am wondering if anyone else out there has been able to get app_swift
>> working with Asterisk 11 and could share any tricks they used to get it
>> installed?
>
> can you pastie your configure and make ?
>
> I don't have Cepstral6 but did submit tweaks to the code that should
> have made it Cepstral6 compatible.
>
> Also since you recently spent money with Cepstral, they'll help you.
> They've got at least one guy who understands the app_swift code and
> was working on forking it as an official version.

Thanks to Jeremy Kister's advice, I was able to get this compiled. He
suggested these two commands:
yum update -y
yum install asterisk-devel

These commands upgraded my Asterisk to 11.7.0 and installed the Asterisk
development files that I was missing.  After I did that, the make worked
beautifully:

[root at dialer app_swift]# make

                                          _    ___
                                         (_)  / __)  _
     _____ ____  ____           ___ _ _ _ _ _| |__ _| |_
    (____ |  _ \|  _ \         /___) | | | (_   __|_   _)
    / ___ | |_| | |_| | ____  |___ | | | | | | |    | |_
    \_____|  __/|  __/ (____) |___/ \___/|_| |_|     \__)
          |_|   |_|

gcc -I/opt/swift/include -I/usr/include -g -Wall -fPIC -D_SWIFT_VER_6
-D_AST_VER_11   -c -o app_swift.o app_swift.c
gcc -shared -Xlinker -x -o app_swift.so -L/opt/swift/lib -L/usr/lib
-lswift -lceplang_en -lceplex_us app_swift.o

   *  Run 'make install' to install the app_swift module. *

When I ran the make install, I did get "install: cannot create regular
file `/usr/lib/asterisk/modules': No such file or directory", but I just
changed the line SYS_LIB_DIR=/usr/lib in the Makefile to
SYS_LIB_DIR=/usr/lib64 and it worked fine.

Just wanted to post this resolution in case it helps someone else out there.

Brandon