[asterisk-users] Asterisk QOS

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 10:44:20 CST 2014

On Tuesday 14 January 2014, richard.seguin at marisec.ca wrote:
> I asked this on the list over the weekend, and likely missed a few people
> inboxes.
>
> I'm having a problem pulling data from RTPAUDIOQOS.    For testing purposes
> I have asterisk sending QOS data to the console.   It seems I get QOS data
> only if the caller hangs up, with the variable being empty if the callee
> (or asterisk) hangs up.
>
> Any idea why I would see this?

This is not just Asterisk!  "Real" phone exchanges don't know when the callee
has hung up, either.  It was a limitation of analogue circuit-switching
technology that has been slavishly emulated up to the present day, even
although a digital phone technically *can* inform the exchange that it has
been hung up.

If someone calls you, you hang up but they keep their phone off the hook, then
the next time you pick up your receiver you will still be connected to them.
(Call your landline from your mobile and place the mobile in front of a radio,
if you don't believe me.)

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.