[asterisk-users] Allowing calls to me at mydomain.org securely on Asterisk 11 box?

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 13 20:19:58 CST 2014

On 14-01-14 02:36, Paul Belanger wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 9:24 AM, Patrick Lists
> <asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm looking into adding the ability to call me at me at mydomain.org on my
>> Asterisk 11 box. Does anyone have any tips or dialplan snippets to allow
>> this kind of access as securely as possible?
>>
> Well, if you want anybody to call you, you need to leave it open to
> the public.  Meaning, you can't really secure it.  Obviously, don't
> have any outbound trunks configured on the box so that the only
> location some could dial would be your extension.

Thanks for your feedback Paul. The not having outbound trunks is going
to be a challenge. So next to fail2ban I guess I'll cook up some
dialplan logic that records IP addresses, keeps track of the amount of
failed password attempts etc. and block the offending IP addresses
together with max simultaneous outband calls and anything else I can
think of to beef up security and limit potential damage.

Thanks,
Patrick